Pages


Monday, December 5, 2011

My Early Christmas


Jack and I celebrated our 2nd Wedding Anniversary the weekend after Thanksgiving this year. We went and stayed at a hotel in a nice area of San Antonio, The Quarry. We had a wonderful weekend together just the two of us, no little one (whom I missed even though we were maybe 20 minutes away from him), we had a nice spa trip!! Well while we were trying to waste some time before our Spa trip we were driving around looking at all the shops in The Quarry. Well I have been wanting a digital SLR camera for about 2 years now and because of the cost have not really pushed to get one. Well now when people are asking me what I want for Christmas I have been telling them "Don't worry about getting me anything, I'm good" because I really have only wanted this camera for a while. Well my Husband knows how I feel about my cameras so we went into this shop Wolf Camera just to look and get an idea of prices and camera brands. I have looked at Cannon and Nikon for as long as I can remember and don't really care which one I was gifted with because they are both really good brands and cameras. So anyway we went into this shop because Jack has seen a commercial for a new Sony camera that was about the size of a small digital camera but had the adjustable lenses (like I wanted). We were talking to this really nice salesman about all the different features and qualities that this perticiular camera had. In talking to the salesman I mentioned that I really wanted a bigger Digital SLR camera becasue I was oldschool and really liked looking thru the eyepiece and zooming in and all that silly stuff that digital cameras do for you now. I also told him that brand names meant nothing to me because they were all good and were all competing with each other to stay on top so they were all good in my eyes. So he intoduced us to this little baby.
The Sony Alpha. I played around with it for about 10 minutes in the store and fell in love!!! I loved the fact that it had a live view screen and a sensor that when you put your eye up to the eye piece the screen automatically switches so that you can see all your options in the eye piece!!! So after playing with it for a little bit and talking about prices and all the other things that I would need, we decided to leave and talk aobut it. We are sitting in the truck talking it over and looking on our phones to see if there was a better price at another store that we could go to at a later time. So as we are sitting in the truck talking about it and deciding that this store really did have the best deal, we would be getting free photography classes as well as one-on-one classes about my specific camera that we could both go to. So we see the salesman leaving for his lunch and Jack jumps out of the truck to stop and ask how long he would be so that we could come back and deal with him. This poor man postpones his lunch so that he can go back into the store and help us get everything that we would need for my camera. So on top of the camera we got a camera bag, a memory card, extra warranty, photography classes as a two for one deal, and an extra telascopic lens for distance. 

I wish that I had a picture of my actual camera but taking that picture is a bit hard in my mind... I'll figure out something and post it here. So I have used the camera several times since we got it and am loving it more and more every day. I love playing around with the different settings and taking pictures of Jackson. I will post some pictures soon that I took with my new camera.

Sorry this was so long, but I feel like I haven't really posted anything in a long time. (Not that anyone is reading this anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment