Pages


Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to Jackson!!!!!

Well today was my son's 1st birthday!!!! I have to say that it went perfectly!!! Yesterday I would not have agreed that things would go off without a hitch. First my hair cut took way longer than I had planned, and then grocery shopping took twice as long as I though it would!!! Checking out of HEB took almost longer than it took me to find all the things!!! And did I mention that I took Friday off and this was at 1 PM that I was at HEB!!!!! Don't people work anymore??? So I finally get back home and am starting to make all my cupcakes and the horse cake for the birthday, I go to turn on our oven and IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!! It keeps saying some code -se- on the screen; well come to find out later that it means there is a key short on the stove!!! So after all of that takes place I get all the batters in the oven and cook the cupcakes and cake... the cupcakes go off with no problem but I look at the cake and the center IS NOT COOKING!!!! It's still all soupy!!!! WTF!!!! So after almost an hour in the oven i decide to just give up and try again tomorrow!!! So that cake went into the trash can... Then we went to dinner with my Dad's family for my Grandma's birthday at Olive Garden... Jack and I went to pick up Jackson from daycare and drove over to Olive Garden on the other side of town... I was under the impression that we were eating at 7 for dinner!!! OH NO they didn't get there until almost 720 and then we got put on the list for dinner. So around 8 we are seated and asked our drink orders... all in all i think it was around 9 by the time we finally got our food... After we eat we pack up Jackson and drive back to our house... by the time we finally get back home it is about 10 PM, so we get Jackson in bed... then I take some medicine because my back and tailbone are killing me and I pass out...
Wake up Saturday morning and bake Jackson's horse cake... Success!!!! I have to let it cool down before i frost it, but i manage to decorate the house and get all the last minute things ready like putting out the chips and dip and getting his sign in photo frame ready and putting out all the chips and dips!!! The cake is ready to frost and I decorate it to look like a horse!!! I am very very proud of myself for all that I did today!!!!! (I will post pictures later). My fear of no one coming was totally off!!! there were so many friends and family here and it made me feel really good that other people were wanting to celebrate our son's first birthday!!!! We had several friends come and it reminded me how absoultly blessed we are to have such great friends who care about us and our family!!!!! Jackson also got SOOOO many gifts!!! We also had Jack and Jarod's horses out at our house for the kids to do "pony" rides, another hit!!!!! Jackson is in love with being on the horse, he didn't want to get off when we finally put him on the horse!!!! All in all I would say his 1st party was a COMPLETE SUCCESS!!!!!!!
I can not believe that I have a ONE YEAR OLD Son!!!! It is so weird that my son is growing up so quickly, before I know it he will be graduating college and wanting to get married and have children of his own!!!! If you don't have kids trust me when I say time flies by so quickly and it really feels like it is in a blink of an eye!!! Now I am looking forward to finishing out the school year and spending the summer watching Jackson grow and learn to swim!!!
Thank you all for everything you are doing and helping me and watching as our family grows and learns as we go!!!!

~Love The Three May's~

No comments:

Post a Comment