Pages


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cold Weather

OH you have got to love the FREAK cold weather that we just got here in Bulverde/New Braunfels... Let me tell you how fun that trip in was this morning when you wake up and put your feet on the hardwood floor and even though the heater is on in our house the floors are COLD!!!!! Walk into our TILED bathroom FREEZING FLOORS!!!! So at 5:30 this morning I started off cold!!! Got dressed in my thermal shirt a t-shirt over that, leggings, jeans tall socks, my ugg boots and a scarf and fleece jacket from Old Navy (still don't feel warm enough). Grab some coffee and a banana for breakfast and start out for my 45 minute drive into work from Bulverde to New Braunfels at 5:45. I usually don't leave until 6 or a few minutes after, but since I wasn't sure how bad the roads were going to be since I drive thru the Hill Country and those roads aren't the most traveled at that time in the Morning I wanted to make sure that I gave myself plenty of time incase something went wrong or there was ice on the roads over the bridge. Luckily the roads were good for the most part... there was just a little part of the road over a bridge that was a little iffy but I made it over just fine. And of course there were very few other cars on the road because who in their right mind would be out at this time when the weather is so horrible... I had no choice but to come in today... So I left my husband and son sleeping warmly in our nice warm house and was venturing out in the 20 degree weather which felt like 7... 7 degrees outside!!!! Seriously I live in SOUTH TEXAS it's not suppose to get this cold ever!!!! Whatever I'm alright and I made it into work just fine and get to stay inside my classroom all day today and not go back outside until its time to go home at 3:30 ish... Hope everyone stays warm today !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment